Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Happy Tuesday Ride August 14

Every year as fall rolls closer most bikers find themselves riding as much as possible before winter sets in... Don't get me wrong, I ride in the winter, but the mountain roads are almost inaccessible to a regular motorcycle. So, hit the twisties while you can my friends! Enjoyed some paved, and not so paved, roads on a half day ride Tuesday:


The haze from the fires west of us (Idaho, Washington, California) was really bad, so no "mountain view" photos this ride. I did snap a few here and there though.

Along the Platte River


Great spot to enjoy an apple


For some reason I really like this picture, it's my desktop background at the moment


Terryall Road was sandier than I remember, but even with all the smoke it still offered great views. Some cute little cattle farms and such back in there too, along with miles upon miles of 4x4 trails. The road turns back to normal pavement at Terryall Reservoir, then lots of abandoned old farm houses and barns crop up everywhere!


Some great pavement past the reservoir


Another snack on Kenosha Pass. Sadly, I assume due to the lack of rain and extreme temperatures, some of the trees up there are turning straight to brown already. Not a good sign for fall color.


Called Karla from Bailey, she said she would be working several hours late so I had a free pass to ride around Evergreen a bit. Headed home before traffic got too bad. Nice day for a ride!



2 comments:

  1. I love your blog. I'm a little sad you don't get more comments. I guess everyone is too in awe of the pictures to write anything! I've come THIS close to using some of your pics as my desktop backgrounds too.

    On an unrelated note: every time I click anything in your blog it opens in a new tab in Chrome. I click and click and click around and soon I have 15 tabs open lol. I'm wondering if this is a feature or if I have a setting screwed up somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I can tweak that somewhere on my end, I'll work on that.

      Would you mind maybe signing your name so I know who I'm talking to?

      Delete