Monday, December 31, 2012

Mileage Tally for 2012

I purchased my 2006 Ninja 650R in February of 2011, so today marks the end of the first full year I've had the bike.

It is significantly different from the ST1100 I came from, don't get me wrong, but I just posted my highest mileage ever year! 22,568 when it was all added up. Oddly enough, this is literally 40 more miles than 2009, my first full year with the ST11...   This year the furthest east I got was Moonshine, Illinois. We went west instead! For 2013, looks like I'll be doing a few regular repeat trips like New Mexico and Moonshine, hopefully tossing in a PA fall trip as well to visit family and see the changing trees.

I love this bike and intend on keeping it, like I do with all my bikes, until it's no longer worth fixing. I'm hoping to get another 2-4 years out of it! If anyone has any questions about the bike, or the mods I've done, please ask!

Mods list (cause I can't leave well enough alone):
  • Zero Gravity light smoke touring shield
  • Second gen 650R mirrors
  • SW Mototech mirror extenders
  • Digital 5 function voltmeter (http://cyclemax.com/inc/sdetail/342)
  • Garmin Nuvi 765 w/Aqua Box and RAM handlebar mount
  • Spencerized OEM seat
  • Versys rider pegs (modified to fit)
  • Givi soft saddlebag supports
  • Cortech Sport saddlebags
  • Rentech rear rack
  • Cutting board bolted to rear rack
  • Cortech Sport tailbag
  • Helen Two Wheels tank panniers
  • Hyperlights
  • Fiamm Dual high/low horns
  • Kurvey Girl angled valve stems
  • Gerbings dual heated gear controller
  • Helmet Guardian
  • Osram Nightbreaker Plus headlights
  • Barkbuster S1 Storm hand guards
  • GoPro camera mount
  • 2 tool tubes
  • DIY radiator guard
  • Go Cruise throttle lock

On tap for this year: SW Motech (hopefully) side case racks for the Seahorse 720s Karla bought me for Christmas , and some sort of hard tailbag (action packer?). Good possibility I'll be modifying the front fender and brake lines to accept larger dual sport tires front and rear as well (Shinko 705s).










1 comment:

  1. Cool site. I was wondering how you managed to fit the 09+ mirrors on your bike? I have an 08' and the 09 mirrors' bolts are too far apart to fit in my fairings.

    ReplyDelete