Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Snowshoeing, Feb 1

Karla and I went snowshoeing for the first time in years!! We haven't been since the dogs were much, much younger and could come along. A recent dump of 6" of snow at our house at 2'+ in the mountains made for perfect conditions. Grabbed some snacks and the gear and headed up to Ward to enjoy the day. Will let the pictures do the talking!

Up we go








Poor Dash was lugging around a lot of solid ice!


Oh yeah






Oops! Karla's still getting used to the snowshoes. She's doing a great job!


Case in point:








We hopped on the "road" for the walk back down to the trailhead.


Discovered something interesting about my snowshoes... LOL sorry honey!!


Drive home was spectacular. In and out of these thick cloud banks.









 


Yep. Good day.





2 comments:

  1. I am impressed with you two as always! What beautiful pictures. Anyone of them can be turned into a poster! I'm sure Karla was warm with that "Muppet" on her head! LOL At first I said to myself, "Self, why would anyone go out and snowshoe when it's this cold?" Then I saw the pictures and videos. It all makes sense now. You two are so perfect for each other.
    Your friend always,
    John aka ( Outlaw)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John! It was beautiful. And it wasn't cold, just gotta be prepared!

      Delete